You’ve probably heard about using a VPN or Virtual Private Network to keep your device from being compromised on the Internet. After being terrified with stories of how hackers and governments are eagerly intercepting your data, which are unfortunately true, your best decision is to install a reliable VPN on your device. One of the most formidable VPNs out there is NordVPN. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps on how to try NordVPN for free so that you can see if it meets your needs. We’ll cover the following:
Table of Contents
NordVPN is arguably one of the best VPNs around with unrivaled security and excelling in other departments. It boasts a network of over 5,200 VPN servers in 60 countries with impressive connection speeds.
The security offered by NordVPN is second to none. It uses the highly-secure OpenVPN protocol and the 256-AES encryption. In other words, it means that the data tunneled through the VPN is impenetrable. For the super-paranoid, NordVPN has a double-data protection feature, which relays the data through two VPN servers, ensuring the data is encrypted twice.
To have a great streaming experience using a VPN, you’ll need VPN servers that allow access to the streaming media provider and reliable connection speed. For the purposes of this article, we connected to Netflix and NordVPN didn’t disappoint on both. Most of the VPN servers on NordVPN allows streaming from Netflix with decent speeds.
The VPN is a tool to ensure your online privacy, and you’ll want none of your data being logged or handed over to the authority, whether forcefully or not. NordVPN is based in Panama, which makes it free from any obligations to turn in user data to governments.
Also, it has a strict no-logging policy that ensures that it doesn’t keep any data that compromises your identity, or online behavior.
You’ll find that NordVPN is easy to use with the interface cleverly designed. In case you’re stuck, you can choose between the live chat support or drop an email on your issue.
Does NordVPN have a Free Trial?
If you’re looking for a NordVPN free trial on its website, you won’t find any because there’s none. This is the answer to one of their FAQs:
However, because of their refund policy, you can try out NordVPN and still get your money back if it doesn’t meet your requirements.
There are no catches, such as bandwidth usage or connection frequency, to NordVPN’s refund policy. As long as you’re subscribing to NordVPN from its website, you’re entitled to a full refund within 30 days.
NordVPN Free Trial—The Details
Most traditional free trials are limited either in service or bandwidth. By making use of NordVPN’s refund policy, you can try out NordVPN and all its features without any limitations.
This includes accessing its 5,200+ servers, exceptional encryption, reliable connections, and live chat support that paying subscribers are privileged to. Also, 30 days gives plenty of time to try out NordVPN on all your devices and for various purposes that may even save you money.
To get started with a NordVPN trial, you’ll need to sign up for a paid account on NordVPN and make use of its 30-day 100%-money-back guarantee.
You will need to provide your credit card details for the initial billing, but you’ll be able to get all your money back before the trial period expires and after you’ve tested NordVPN to your content. It also saves you the trouble of keying in your credit card details again if you wish to continue subscribing.
How Much is NordVPN a Month?
As one of the top VPNs, NordVPN remains affordable for users. It offers short, medium, and long-term subscriptions at various prices. Long-term subscriptions of NordVPN offer the greatest savings.
Here’s what NordVPN’s premium plans will cost you:
- 3-year plan: $3.49 per month (billed $125.64 every 3 years)
- 2-year plan: $4.99 per month (billed $119.76 every 2 years)
- 1-year plan: $6.99 per month (billed $83.88 every year)
- 1-month plan: $11.95 per month
How to Use NordVPN For Free
NordVPN has made it relatively simple to sign up for a free trial account. Here’s the actual process that you need to go through to start enjoying unlimited NordVPN access.
1. Launch the NordVPN website and click on the Get It Now button on the screen.
2. Choose from one of the four subscription plans. They are all covered by the 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
3. Insert your preferred email as your username and select a payment method.
4. Once you’re done, click Continue to create your account. A dialog will pop up indicating that an activation link has been sent to your email.
5. Check your email and activate your NordVPN account.
6. You’ll be asked to set a new password for your account. Do that accordingly.
7. Once you’re done, you’ll be presented with a list of download links for the NordVPN app. Choose and download the right one for your device.
8. Launch the NordVPN app, and enter your login credentials to proceed.
9. You now have access to the unlimited features and security offered by NordVPN.
How to Set Up NordVPN Without a Credit Card
Besides credit cards, NordVPN offers other payment options. You’ll have the choice of:
- Amazon Pay
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple)
If you wanted to set up NordVPN without a credit card, follow these steps.
1. Choose your preferred plan.
2. Enter your email address to create an account.
3. Select alternative payments.
4. Complete the payment process.
How Do I Cancel my NordVPN Free Trial?
If you feel that NordVPN is just not the right option, you’re able to terminate the subscription and get a refund within 30 days. Note that if you purchase NordVPN from AppStore or PlayStore, you’ll need to contact the respective merchant for refunds.
To get a refund, you need to contact customer support. Here’s how to do it.
1. Click on the support icon at the bottom right of the NordVPN website.
2. Click on the Chat option.
3. Fill in your name, email and state your intention to cancel and request a refund in the message. Click start chatting and you’ll be greeted by a customer support personnel.
4. Confirm your intention to cancel the account and you’ll have your refund processed.
How to Claim Your 30-Day 100% Money-Back Guarantee From NordVPN
Once you’ve tested out all the features of the VPN, you can terminate your account and get the payment refunded irrespective of whether you enjoy the service or not.
To do so, follow these simple steps.
1. Log in to your account on the NordVPN website with your username and password.
2. Navigate to My Services and click on the vertical dots button beside Change Plan.
3. A dialog will pop up prompting if you would like to cancel the automatic payments. Click Cancel Automatic Payments and confirm your decision by clicking Confirm Cancellation on the next popup.
4. A confirmation dialog will appear noting that you’ve successfully canceled your subscription.
5. You can now start to get your refund by getting in touch with NordVPN customer support. To do that, click on the question mark icon on the bottom right of the screen.
6. In the support popup, select the email icon to request a refund via an email.
7. On the email dialog, select Payment from the list of departments and you’ll find fields for payment method, plan, date, and the amount appeared. Fill in the information accordingly. As for the Description, you can just mention that you don’t think NordVPN is the right service for you.
8. You’ll then receive an email from NordVPN customer support seeking your confirmation for your refund request. Confirm your decision and you can expect the refund to be processed in a couple of days.
There is no doubt that getting the right VPN is vital to staying safe when browsing online and accessing geo-restricted content like Netflix. With the vast amount of VPNs available, the best way to evaluate a VPN is by subscribing to a free trial.
NordVPN has the envied reputation of being the safest VPN in the industry. While it doesn’t offer a free subscription, you can leverage the 30-day-money-back guarantee on any of its paid plans. We have shown how easy it is to subscribe to NordVPN and enjoy all the features available.
What’s more important is that you’re able to terminate the auto payments on the subscription and get your money refunded before the 30 days ends. The fact that this can be done without complications allows you to try out NordVPN without worrying about any financial commitment.