Most people are convinced that there’s no need for the best VPN in Belgium. If you’re reading this, you probably know that just isn’t true and that cybersecurity is an issue that more people ought to be mindful of. According to a Belgian Federal police report, there were more than 32,000 reports of cybercrime-related cases in the country in 2019 alone.
Why Use a VPN in Belgium?
If you don’t want to add to the statistic mentioned above, then you’ve got to take steps to guard your privacy and security over the Internet. The easiest way to do that is to start using a Virtual Private Network to secure your online activities.
Here are a few things that you can expect out of the best VPN for Belgium.
Use a VPN in Belgium to keep your Internet activities secure and private
In the digital age, information is the most precious commodity, and the average person gives a lot of it without even realizing it. Governments, companies, and even your ISP (Internet Service Provider) collect personal information without permission and hardly any oversight. This information is sold to advertisers or handed over to the government.
A virtual private network prevents other parties from collecting personal information without consent by encrypting Internet traffic and rerouting it to an external server. This hides personal information from third parties, including the websites you visit, online applications you use, and even your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Also, most reputable VPNs in Belgium have built-in ad and malware blockers. This helps ensure that you’re not accessing anything that might compromise your safety on the Internet.
Bypass geo-blocking and censorship
You may have noticed that there are certain websites that you can’t access from Belgium. A few notable examples are torrent sites like The Pirate Bay, IsoHunt, and KickassTorrents. This is because the Belgian government has directed local ISPs to block access to these websites (geoblocking).
If you want to access geo-blocked sites and content, then you will need to find a way to bypass such restrictions. A Belgium VPN can help you do just that by rerouting your traffic to a server that’s located somewhere else (where the website and content is readily accessible).
The Best VPN for Belgium
Now that you have an idea of what VPN Belgium can do for you, the question remains: What are your best options out there?
Well, you can never go wrong with the following:
NordVPN is one of the most famous names in the business and for a good reason. They operate some of the biggest networks of VPN servers in the world with robust data encryption and security protocols.
- More than 5400 servers across 59 countries
- Supports double VPN and Onion over VPN
- Protects up to 6 devices simultaneously per account
- Works with most popular streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu
ClearVPN is a UA-based VPN service that is mostly geared towards beginners. While relatively new in the security business, Assguard has distinguished itself by adopting a disruptive and unique interface with “shortcuts” that cover user's needs and wants.
- Simultaneous VPN protection for up to 6 devices
- Beautiful user-friendly interface
- Unblocks US Netflix and HBO streaming service
- Unlocks access to torrent sites
CyberGhost is based in Romania with more than 6300 servers across 90 countries worldwide. They offer decent VPN performance and a good range of smart features.
- Task-based UI makes it easy to accomplish specific functions — unblock Netflix, unblock streaming sites, etc.
- Works with most video streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+.
- Accepts cryptocurrency payments
- No DNS and IP leaks
ExpressVPN is a service based in the British Virgin Islands. Over the years, it has earned a good reputation as an Internet privacy tool. In 2018, it won the Editor’s Choice Award from two pro-consumer sites (Comparitech and TechRadar).
- Creates exemptions for websites and applications you trust with “split-tunnelling” technology
- VPN clients for major platforms and Internet devices
- Fast performance (3,000+ servers across 94 countries)
- Automatic kill switch
Launched in 2018, Surfshark is another new player but has managed to attract much attention in a few short years. This is thanks to its low pricing plans, reliable security, and good overall server performance. They currently operate more than 1700 servers in 63 countries.
- Integrated ad and malware blocker
- Simultaneous protection for all of your internet devices
- Allows whitelisting of websites and applications that you trust
- MultiHop VPN protection (chain two or more servers) for better protection
- Camouflage mode (makes it difficult for third parties to determine that you’re using a VPN)
PrivateVPN is based in Sweden — a country known for its stringent privacy protection laws. In addition to their strict zero-logs policy, PrivateVPN is one of the few services that use 2048 bit encryption.
- 1-click setup; starts in 60 seconds
- 100 servers across 60 countries
- IPV6 Leak protection — stay anonymous even if you’re disconnected from the VPN
- Port forwarding support (useful for torrenting).
|Number of countries||58+||20||90||160||63||60|
|24/7 Customer support||✅ email or LiveChat||✅ email or LiveChat||✅ email or LiveChat||✅ email or LiveChat||✅ email or LiveChat||✅ email or LiveChat|
|No of devices||6||6||7||5||unlimited||6|
|Supports chain VPN connections||Yes (Double VPN)||Yes (Double VPN)||No||No||Multihop||No|
So there you have it — all that you need to know about using a VPN in Belgium and your best options in the market. Given the prevalence of cybersecurity threats in the country, it is clear that even ordinary citizens need to consider taking steps to ensure their privacy over the Internet.