Are you interested in the VPN (Virtual Private Network) services of ExpressVPN but not quite sure if it is the right option for you? Well, what if we told you that there was a way that you can try their services risk-free? A free trial, if you may, and in this article, we show you everything that you need to know about obtaining just that.
Table of Contents
What Are the Advantages of Using the Express VPN Free Trial?
If you’re reading this, then you probably already know just how important it is to use a VPN service, mainly if you are concerned about your privacy and security online. That said, VPN services are not equal, and some will do a better job than others. Hence you will never know for sure if a particular VPN service is right for you until you’ve had the chance to experience their services for yourself. This is where ExpressVPN’s free trial service comes into the picture.
One thing people should know about VPN services is that they all cater to specific user requirements. Some users get a VPN solely to unlock geo-blocked content on Netflix or other video streaming services. In this case, fast speeds and access to as many servers as possible is imperative. On the other hand, some people are more concerned about privacy or have individual preferences when it comes to customer support. ExpressVPN, in particular, only offers chat and email support which may not bode well with customers that want to be able to reach somebody over the phone in case of any problems with their VPN service.
Why Express VPN?
ExpressVPN is one of the biggest names when it comes to premium VPN services and for many good reasons. Despite charging a bit more than their competitors (starting at $8.32 per month), they do a lot of things right which explains why ExpressVPN remains popular today despite the highly competitive VPN market.
Consider the following reasons that make ExpressVPN an excellent choice for a VPN service:
- Unlike most other premium VPN services, one ExpressVPN subscription can be used to protect up to three devices concurrently across a wide range of platforms including routers, PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, Linux and many more. This eliminates the need for multiple VPN subscriptions just to get all of your internet-enabled devices protected. Also, all devices get unlimited speed, unlimited bandwidth, and server switches.
- ExpressVPN is based on the British Virgin Islands, which places it beyond the influence of government intelligence agencies like the NSA (National Security Agency). It also helps that the country has no data retention laws, which means that ExpressVPN does not store any logs of its users’ online activities. This gives users an additional layer of privacy and protection, which is always a good thing.
- ExpressVPN has more than 1,000 VPN servers from 160 locations across 94 countries around the world. Users can freely switch from one server to another to block censorship and unlock geo-blocked content from anywhere in the world. These VPN servers can also help customers save money by browsing online stores and booking sites from specific locations that offer lower prices than others.
- While Netflix and other popular video streaming services are known to employ powerful anti-VPN software, ExpressVPN is one of the few VPN services on the market that is capable of beating such restrictions. Keep in mind, however, that not all of their VPN servers are capable of the latter. If you are having trouble finding a VPN server to unlock geo-blocked content on Netflix, just contact their customer support for a list of recommended VPN server locations.
- OpenVPN AES 256-bit encryption with SHA-512 HMAC and RSA04096 authentication that offers one of the most reliable internet security protocol on the VPN market today. While some may argue that no encryption is 100% secure, security experts from around the world (including the US government) use the same encryption to protect classified information.
- An automatic Internet kill switch that disconnects online activity if the VPN connection is compromised. This ensures that you are never connected to the Internet without the protection of a virtual private network.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface. The VPN app/client is practically just a large green button. New users can click on the latter to start up the VPN and start enjoying a secure connection to the Internet.
- Excellent network performance with a minimal difference to non-VPN speeds. As the process involves routing your traffic to an external VPN server, a drop in internet speeds is to be expected. In the case of ExpressVPN, the lag hovers to no more than 20% of one’s unprotected internet speeds.
- Around the clock customer support by email or live chat. Again, ExpressVPN does not offer phone support, which can be an issue for some people. That said, reviews about the quality of their customer support have been generally positive. Users can expect a quick reply to any queries, whether through chat or email.
The Details of Express VPN’s Free Trial
Before getting started with ExpressVPN’s free trial, it is essential to understand this VPN company does not offer the “typical” free trial. You will need a subscription to try out their VPN service, which means that the payment method you choose will get charged. That said, the result is the same as users can opt to get a full refund within 30 days for any reason, which makes the testing process risk-free for new users.
While some may argue that ExpressVPN’s “free trial” is a bit misleading, it is essential to keep in mind that most other free trial programs only provide a demo version with limited features. On the other hand, Express VPN offers the complete experience with support for multiple devices, unlimited bandwidth, and full access to thousands of VPN servers from around the world. Most people would agree that the latter is the best way to test the viability of any VPN service than some trial version with limited functionalities.
How to Use Express VPN for Free
Now that you have a good understanding of how ExpressVPN’s free trial works and what it has to offer, you might be eager to get started. If so, then you would be glad to know that the process is easier than you think and can be accomplished in a few simple steps:
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and click on the red “Get ExpressVPN” button. Alternatively, you can click on the red “Get Started” button on the upper right side of the web page.
- Choose a subscription plan. Notice that prices are lower, the longer you subscribe for the VPN service.
- Enter your email address and choose your preferred payment method. Notice that ExpressVPN caters to many payment options including Bitcoin through “Bitpay.” You only need to select the payment method that is most convenient for you.
- Complete the sign-up process. At that point, your 30-day trial is now in effect, and you can start setting up the VPN for your device. You can check your email or log on to your account for your activation code and a link to downloading the VPN client to your device.
How to Claim Your 30-Day 100% Money-Back Guarantee From ExpressVPN
Did not find ExpressVPN to your liking? As long as you cancel within 30 days of starting your subscription, you are eligible for a full refund. The easiest way to get the latter is through live chat support. From their homepage, click on the green “Live Chat” button and they ought to be able to walk you through the entire process.
Alternatively, you can also get in touch with ExpressVPN with regards to claiming your 30-day money-back guarantee through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or you can file a support ticket. Either way, you can expect their support staff to try and help you with whatever issue you might have about their VPN service or issue a full refund of your subscription.
So there you have it — everything that you need to know about ExpressVPN’s free trial and what to expect. As you have already realized, the process is not as complicated as you might think and can be obtained in a few simple steps. Also, while some might argue that it’s not a “free” trial per se (you will still need to get a subscription), the intention remains the same — to enable new users to explore everything that ExpressVPN has to offer while mitigating any risks.
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, you can ask ExpressVPN to refund your subscription as long as you cancel within the first 30 days. This ensures that new users never have to pay anything should they be dissatisfied with the VPN service.